Leading in Worship: Richard Clockedile
Leading in Prayer: Steve Johnson and Sherri Johnson
Sermon: Dan Lambertson
Sermon Title: Victorious Living In Violent Times
Sermon Verse: Hebrews 2:14-15
Nursery Leaders: John & Louise Morin
Junior Leaders: Johnson team
Church Announcements for 10/08/2017
- To Reflect: “Any discussion of how pain and suffering fit into God’s scheme ultimately leads back to the cross.” ~ Philip Yancey
- We welcome our newest SWBC members, Pastor Skip & Venita Pullen, and Marshalyne Pullen. They were voted into membership last Sunday at a brief business meeting.
- Conquerors Club (for ages 8 – 13) has begun. They will meet Thursdays, from 5 to 7 pm, throughout the school year. If you have questions call Steve or Venus O’Brien at 283-1943.
- Our Youth Group (ages 13 – high school) will meet Thursday evenings during the school year at 6 to 8 pm in the Chapel. For more information please see Paul or Kerry Scharping.
- There will be a combined Elders & Deacons meeting this Thursday, October 12, at 6 pm in the conference room.
- Ladies! You are invited to the next York County Women’s Connection dinner Monday, October 16, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the “The Barn” – Sanford Country Club (Rte. 4) in So. Sanford. The Annual Fall Auction Fund Raiser (to benefit Stonecroft) will be held. Guest speaker will be Elaine James, from Illinois. She will share how to overcome the stress of an overcrowded life.
- The Church “Fall Clean Up” day will be held Saturday, October 21 from 9 am to noon.
- There are still a couple of men’s retreats this fall, including Berea and Maranatha Ministries. For dates, times, and costs please check the brochures in the foyer and on the table in the back hallway.
- Ladies, the annual RENEW conference at Eliot Baptist Church is coming soon. It will be held Saturday, November 11, from 8 am to 3 pm. Guest speaker, prices, and registration information is located on the bulletin boards in the foyer and back hallway.
- Operation Christmas Child - It is time to pack shoeboxes! November 12 is the last day to bring boxes into the church. Please note this important change: no toothpaste, no candy, and no food. For more information, talk to Katrina Sleight or visit www.samaritanspurse.org/occ. Empty shoeboxes have been donated for you to fill, if you would like one they are in the Fellowship Hall on a table.
- There are many dishes on the buffet in the Fellowship Hall. Please check to see if any of them belong to you.
South Waterboro Bible Chapel
911 Main St.
Waterboro, ME 04087
P.O. Box 190
Waterboro, ME 04087